Friday, December 9, 2011

And the winner for Losing their Campaign in 30 Seconds or Less Goes To....

Rick Perry. Total jerk. He seriously does not know his audience at all. For those of you who didn't see his new ad, here it is:
You'll agree with my above statement after seeing this.


What this idiot is talking about is fighting for religion in America, and comparing it to gays serving in the military. I am disgusted by this man. He says, "I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m a Christian, but you don’t need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there’s something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can’t openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school." Then, to dig the hole deeper, he continues, "As president, I’ll end Obama’s war on religion. And I’ll fight against liberal attacks on our religious heritage." I can't even describe the stupidity of this man. Clearly, the author agrees with me. 
First off, you can tell the article is supposed to provide some humor with its title, "Rick Perry: More disliked than Rebecca Black". I thought it was funny. She starts it talking about how other candidates should send him thank you cards and balloons. Because this pretty much means that Rick Perry will not make it far in this campaign. The author's purpose is to persuade (although I hardly think anyone agrees with Perry) and definitely to entertain. I agree with Mary when she says, "OK, you gays openly serving in the military! President Perry is going to mind-wipe everyone you’ve come out to! And then he’s going to put a Nativity scene in every classroom! Because that’s what the Founding Fathers would have wanted." (Williams). She even goes on to say, "Excuse me, I have to go wipe these copious tears of derisive laughter off my cheeks." (Williams). She also compares Perry's viral video to that of another hated video from Rebecca Black. This ties in the title of the article to the article.


Article: "Rick Perry: More dislikes than Rebecca Black" by Mary Elizabeth Williams


3 comments:

  1. I laughed at this ridiculous campaign advertisement. This obviously was the biggest mistake of Rick Perry's professional career and I am happy that the country learned this now before he got any further ahead in the polls. I think that he should apologize to the Gay and Lesbian Community personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kaylee... and love your title:) hahaha nice job Bryana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Separation of Church and State? You cannot simultaneously acknowledge a right and insist that your government suppress it.

    ReplyDelete