Wednesday, January 4, 2012

From Glee to Broadway






As some of the Gleeks out there may know, Darren Criss is now on Broadway, filling in the shoes of Danielle Radcliffe on, "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying". He'll be performing for three weeks before he returns to Glee. After that, Nick Jonas, yes Nick Jonas, is going to take the role. I think it's amazing how Darren is finally stepping up his game. It says in the article how he has been doing musical theatre his whole life, and I think making it to Broadway is huge.  But since being on Glee, Darren has gained oh so many fans, and I believe that's part of the reason why the shows sold out so quickly. Now imagine what it'll be like when Nick Jonas will take over. A Jonas brother. I'm sorry, but I think it'll be difficult for a Jonas brother, this one in particular, to act on this level of skill. Especially pull off the amount of dancing that will be needed. And I'm not so sure he'll be able to pull it off. Anyway, I just think this job for Darren Criss will definitely open many more doors for him.
The author's purpose was to inform the audience what is going on with Darren's career. Where he came from, where he's going. The beginning of the article seems to tell a story, and get a sneak peek into one of Darren's rehearsals. It made it seem like he was too good for the role at first because as a performer, Darren knows exactly how to dance. The choreographers told him he was a little "too good" for the character he was playing and had to make his dancing a little less perfect. Darren has also been called a "triple threat", someone who can sing, dance, and act. It described where he started, how he became famous overnight from Glee, and where he hopes to head.





Article: 'Glee' Star Gets His Broadway Turn by Patrick Healy

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. I really like Darren. I think Nick can do a better job than Joe Jonas. It's sad that I can actually make that statement, but I went to see them three times when my daughter was into the Jo Bros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have opinions and to me you are prejudice against teen pop culture, have you ever given Nick a chance? maybe he will be perfect for the job because he did start off starring in broadway shows and has recently performed in Le Mis, but thats just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am prejudice because I just love Daniel Radcliffe too much :)

    ReplyDelete