Thursday, October 6, 2011

1/6

Growing up in a family of six definitely has an impact on who I am today. I am the middle child. Well, technically a middle child; I have an older sister and a younger sister, and my older brother is just kinda there. I was always the good little child, or at least I tried to be. I try to be the least of a hassle when I can. My parents always had their attention on the oldest child who was incredibly smart and writing her own stories at the age of 7, or on the youngest who always needed the attention. My parents always had their hands full so I just tried to be easy for them. According to them, I never cried. When I woke up in the morning I would just lay in my crib and wait for one of them to get me instead of crying.
Being in a family of six, everyone has their own personality. We grow up with so many personalities, so we each have our own style. My brother has always been the hilarious one, my younger sister has always been the dramatic one, and my older sister has always been the role model. Me, I just kind of blended into the background. But because I grew up with so many people, I learned how to have fun. Slowly but surely, I have been coming out of my shell, and have been learning to take charge. Today, I am quite enthusiastic and happy, but I still know when I need to be quiet. I still take things I used to do from my childhood, like try an make my parents' lives easier, and continue to do them today.

1 comment: